What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails.
- Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics and Mail Chimp. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- To confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- To send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- To correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- To delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- To stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- To let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- To stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- To stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below. Data Protection Co-ordinator, Euro Auto Spares Ltd, 118A Coolkeeran Rd, Armoy, Ballymoney BT53 8YD
Or by email to: email@example.com
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include EURO AUTO SPARES LTD LTD. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us? Only applicable we this facility is available.
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production. To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Online Policy Only
When do you monitor telephone calls?
We may from time to time record telephone calls you have with our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
CCTV is used internally and externally on site as a security measure. Appropriate signage is displayed to inform individuals that CCTV is in operation. CCTV footage is stored securely by a third party service provider and recordings are erased securely every three months.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email or through our website.
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Please also visit our Returns Policy section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Changes to our policy
This policy was last modified on August 29th, 2018.